Friday, April 2, 2010

Almost as Rx'd

Here's what today's WOD was:

Five rounds for time of:
40 Double-unders
30 Box jumps, 24 inch box
20 Kettlebell swings, 1.5 pood

My time, not as Rx'd, was:
13:53

The only part of the workout that I had to scale was the kettlebell swings. Because of my recovering shoulder and the things 'I should not be doing' I did one-arm kettlebell swings and scaled the weight to 1 pood. I felt that it was a good substitute; however, I believe that a 1.25 pood would have been more appropriate. I was able to fly through the swings, all unbroken, every round, except the last round.

Box jumps are not necessarily a strength of mine but I had a game plan for them. The first round, I jumped on and off for every rep, but for rounds two through four, I alternated between jumping on and off and jumping on and stepping off. I felt a burst of energy during the last round, so I decided to turn it up a notch. I got into a great 'hop on / hop off' rhythm--I was able to bang out two sets of 15 pretty quickly! Needless to say, I was quite happy with my box jumps today. And thanks to our double-under challenge last year, the double-unders were a breeze!

Thanks to Eric, Ryan, and Dustin for knocking this WOD out right along side of me. It is always better to work out with others--they always push you just a little harder than you would if you were by yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mobility WOD