Saturday, April 3, 2010

One-arm Pull-ups


What an awesome crowd today! I believe we had nearly 15 people out there, knocking out the WOD! Here's what we did:

Seven rounds for time of:
185 pound Front squat, 3 reps
7 L-pull-ups

Not as Rx'd: 6:13

I still have not been 'cleared' to do pull-ups, so I did one-arm pull-ups instead. I used my right hand to grip the wrist of my left hand, so there was still a negligible amount of pulling with my right arm. Today was the first time in about three months that I was able to do front squats. My recovering shoulder had been just too tender to support a loaded bar. There was a bit of discomfort today, but no pain--the 185lbs felt good! Since I am limited as to what I can do with my upper body, I have really been hitting the legs hard; my squats are spot on!

I was extremely happy with my time; it's been a good week! I feel as though 'my old self' has been slowly returning. I understand that it will still take quite awhile to get back to where I was before...especially with any overhead lifts/movements. But each week the shoulder feels better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mobility WOD