Sunday, May 16, 2010

Do I love running...?!


It has been a couple of weeks since I have posted--shame on me! Well, this update brings positive news--I am getting closer and closer to being 100%! Just last week, I was able to complete a CrossFit main site WOD as Rx'd. And why is this so special you may ask? Well, it is quite an accomplishment to me because it involved a total of 70 handstand push-ups. For those of you who have been following my blog, you will understand the gravity of this accomplishment. Overhead. Pressing. Shoulder strength. This has been my 'bread and butter' when it came to CrossFit. When I found out, a little less than a year ago, that I had torn my rotator cuff, well...you can imagine my devastation. I had just competed in the 2009 CrossFit Games...not satisfied with my overall placement. Now, please understand this: I was not disappointed with my performance...just not satisfied. Call it semantics...call it what you will; however, what CrossFitter will ever be satisfied with their performance?

The main site WOD was this:

Seven rounds for time of:
10 Handstand push-ups
45lb dumbells Squat clean, 10 reps
10 L-pull-ups completed this WOD, as Rx'd, in 23:05

Whether that was a stellar time or not...I simply do not care. What I DO care about is the fact that I was able to do 70 handstand pus-ups, pain-free. Week by week, it is getting better. I tend to get ahead of myself sometimes and do things that I probably should not be doing. A perfect example: muscle-ups. A muscle-up WOD is coming up soon, but I will refrain...as much as it pains me, I WILL refrain. Muscle-ups, push-ups...any kind of ring-work, pretty much hurt my shoulder before. Until I get the 'okay' from my Doc, I will not get over-zealous on the rings.

On a side note, I just completed another team marathon race at Mannheim, Germany. I ran the first leg, which was 12.5 kilometers--I finished in approximately 57:00 minutes. My goal was sub-60 minutes, so I am pretty happy. I also signed up for the Fit As F*ck competition in Koge, Denmark on 25 September 2010. I am hoping that I will be back to 100% by then; but, if not, that's cool--I will just be happy to competing again in what I love: CrossFit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mobility WOD