Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nine in 10

In preparation for the Fit as Fu*k Challenge in Denmark, on September 25, I attempted a workout that I thought may be similar to Event #3: The Heavy Event.

The "teaser" that the event organizers provided was that athletes would have a 10 minute time limit to complete nine classic CrossFit lifts...going for the heaviest weight possible for each lift. I chose nine lifts that I thought may show up for the event--the lifts that I chose are as follows:
  • Deadlift
  • Clean & Jerk
  • Snatch
  • Back Squat
  • Push Jerk
  • Front Squat
  • Shoulder Press
  • Thruster
  • Overhead Squat
I formulated a strategy that would best suit my strengths. I have no idea what the rules are going to be. If we miss a lift, do we get to attempt another one? Or, what if we do not complete all nine lifts...are we disqualified? Is your final score the total amount of weight lifted within the 10 minute time limit? So many questions...

Check out the video below to see how I executed my game plan. Most of my lifts were a bit less than my one-rep max--I did this on purpose, just so I could see if I could complete all nine lifts (at a moderate to heavy weight) under 10 minutes. I plan on going heavier on competition day!

3 comments:

  1. Nice Brian!
    Did you do lighter warmups between lifts (or perhaps practice them before starting the 10 mins) or just go straight into each? I'd imagine it'd be hard to hit a heavy snatch without working up to it. very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro! I did not do my standard warm-up--instead, I did some mobility / agility exercises in addition to some lighter reps on each of the lifts. I also did the Burg warm-up w/skill transfer exercises w/the PVC pipe. In hindsight, I wished I would have spent a little more time hitting some heavier (challenging) lifts before going right into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like a wrote on FB, great job man! I have my money on you!

    Me myself and I will be doing this again this week (Friday?) 1909 is not enough. Even for the senior citizens. ;-P

    ReplyDelete

Mobility WOD