Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Never Lose Sight


This blog's vision extends much further than my own training. Yes, it all started with the motivation of how my own training "never stops"; however, now I see it for what it really is: the training [of others] never stops.

This just came to me today actually. I was replying to an e-mail from one of my closest buddies, Chris. I was airing my grievances to him...mainly in the form of "why I can't live the CrossFit life that I truly want". In the midst of my own training, it dawned on me: I am not so concerned about how I am progressing in my own CrossFit journey (don't get me wrong, I still take it VERY seriously, just ask my wife); however, I am more concerned about how I am going to help other people reach their fitness goals. There is a big speed bump right now though--I have another responsibility to maintain, and that's alright, because I take pride in that responsibility. However, come the end of the year, my obligation to that responsibility will become significantly less intense and I will be able to focus on how I REALLY want to help change peoples lives...for the better.

Bottom line: I never lose sight. I never lose sight of the "why of it all"--the true reason of why I want to pursue a life of improving people's quality of life...their fitness...their happiness. Some day soon I will finally be able to apply my greatest strengths to the absolute reason they were meant to be shared.

4 comments:

  1. who's that good looking guy? ... in the red of course
    Every day, it gets closer and closer. Miss you brotha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gee thanks PJ!
    B, that "greatest strength" of yours helped this guy in ways that I never thought possible, and one of them is the ability and patience to train other people like my wife, the toughest client that I could ever have. She has shown great improvement with the most recent being a 94% PT score, and now her friends have seen a difference in her that they are starting to come out as well. So all I can say is thank you, and never lose that focus.
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being the way you are, acting the way you do is what is going to make you a great crossfit box owner/ trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words everybody...miss you all!

    ReplyDelete

Mobility WOD