Tuesday, April 12, 2011

CF Games Open WOD 11.3...Getting Heavier

Many CrossFitters had been wondering when the CrossFit Games Open was going to get heavy. 165 pounds may have not seemed that heavy to most; or, maybe, it seemed ridiculously heavy to some. The bottom line: yes, the weight got heavier...especially taking into consideration the fact that the workout was only five, short (or long, depending on your perspective) minutes long. Complete as many rounds as possible in five minutes of: 165 pound clean and jerk (or ground-to-overhead). That was it. Was there a strategy behind this workout, or was it just "go as fast as you possibly can".  As all WODs go, the strategy was arguable.


For me, this workout was based on strategy. I "tested" the first two workouts--I did a portion of them, just to get a feel of how I wanted to attack them. Then, when I felt that I was ready, I tackled them head on.  I did not have that luxury for 11.3. Kari and I were going to be out of town in Atlanta for the weekend, cheering on the Phillies (they won two games out of the three-game series!). Because of this, I had one shot at the WOD. And, for the first time,  I had to video tape my performance and submit it to HQ (and the world) to judge. My goal was 30 rounds (60 reps). I achieved 25 rounds (50 reps). Of course, there is always going to be a bit of disappointment when a goal is not reached; however, I am proud that I stuck to my strategy, and (efficiently) accomplished as much work as I possibly could in five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mobility WOD