Saturday, May 7, 2011

CF Games Open WOD 11.5...set a pace

I will start off by saying this: Rob, you are a beast! Rob was able to get 300 reps for this WOD--and he had to transition from outside the box and back inside, just to do the WOD as Rx'd. Me, on the other hand, had the advantage of being able to complete all three movements within a compact area. I was reached my goal of 10 rounds, with two reps to boot (302 total).

After watching some videos, gleaning some strategies from some of my CrossFit buddies, and formulating a plan in my head, I decided to set a goal of 10 rounds. I had planned to keep each round between 1:30 and 2:00. The power cleans were going to be unbroken, the toes-to-bar to be in sets of five, and the wall-ball shots to be unbroken. I was able to keep this plan (and pace) until about the sixth round. After that, the wall-ball shots became one set of 10 and one set of five. If it wasn't for my wife screaming at me and encouraging me, I do not believe that I would have reached my goal.

After the fifth week, I was sitting at 126th in my region. I got off to a slow start, but since 11.3, I have been making up some ground--probably not enough to make it to the Regionals, but I've definitely been having fun!

Rob, my friend, KILL this last one. And all I've gotta say is: good luck in California, because I know you will be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mobility WOD