Sunday, June 26, 2011

Manifest Destiny

Tree, rings, and will.
Who has daydreamed before? All of us, right? I would say that daydreaming occupies about 25% of my day. Is that such a bad thing? I think it's a GREAT thing. However, if all we do is DREAM and not ACT, then what is the point of it all, right? About a week or so ago, my day [life] dream inched closer to reality.

After months of hearing how wonderful Portland, Oregon is, my wife and I finally had the opportunity to form our own opinions. The rumors were confirmed: Portland is wonderful. Our two-week visit reaffirmed our decision to "go west" at the end of the year. I will admit: the fears, uncertainties, and risks are there. I am a very happy man; however, I am through with just being content with my "purpose". Because, I truly believe that what drives man to great things is, simply stated, purpose.

My very first and foremost purpose is to be the best possible husband and father that I can be. Second to that, is to affect a positive impact on the lives of others. Through CrossFit, I firmly believe that I can achieve this. Even if it is on a relatively small scale; I know this is what I need to do.

The training never stops. And at the end of the year, the [CrossFit] training will continue, and never stop for whoever trusts me and my great friends and colleagues, with improving their fitness and quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mobility WOD