Friday, May 13, 2011

"Hammer"


If you have been CrossFitting for awhile, then you will understand what a "Hero WOD" is. However, if you are new to the term, then let me take a moment to explain.

The Hero WOD represents much more than just the workout of the day. Do not misunderstand me: the workout of the day is always a challenge, both physically and mentally. However, Hero WODs are programmed to [humbly] represent the extreme challenge and sacrifice of a fallen comrade. Of course, nothing can compare to the ultimate sacrifice to one's country: their life.

CrossFit Inc. has been recognizing our fallen heroes for more than a decade. In the moments right before I take on a Hero WOD, I reflect on the reason why I am doing the workout. The motive is not to outdo another person. It is not to get a new PR. It is not to beat the clock. No...it is none of these; however, it is to honor the individual...to give the best possible effort in the face of adversity.

My wife (13 weeks pregnant) and I gave our best to honor the "Hammer" WOD; check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mobility WOD